Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Man vs. Mud...Team Smurf and Turf.

Bry getting ready. 
Bry and our friend Ellen on the way to the starting line.

Our friend Marina on the water slide that started the course. The rest of the team is at the bottom.

Marina, Paul, Becky, Bryan and Ellen.  This was after the water crossing  so not too muddy but we lost our blue paint.

Marina, Paul and I in line for the final water slide.  This was really fun until the really muddy water was up my nose and in my ears (the water smelled like cow....I'm not kidding).
Bry and I got to go down the final water slide together....isn't that sweet?

Erik, Meredith, Becky, Bryan, Ellen, Marina and Paul.  All finished and in need of a shower.

Close up.

Bry and I....too bad I blinked.
Man vs. Mud was a good time this year.  We were really lucky on the weather.  It rained last night, cleared up for our start time and then clouded over and started raining again after we were home.  We had 80 degree weather and sunny skies for our race so it was perfect.   It was a lot of fun, everyone loved the Smurfs, lots of people came and took our picture....I know, I'm a genius for costumes (until all the blue paint washed off). You could tell the younger people, we were occasionally mistaken for avatars....There is something wrong there! Only three of us truly got into the smurf spirit (shame on the rest of the team!) and hopefully they will now know I'm serious when I tell them to dress up.  Bry came around on the smurf idea and really enjoyed it.  He wants to do the competitive heat next year so time to start thinking of a new costume idea.  I should have more pictures soon, this was all I was able to have taken.

0 comments: